Healthy Skin Tips 101 – How Not to Waste Your Money
Exfoliating is the key to smooth, youthful skin.
Here is how it works. Dead skin cells and sebum, (oils from the pores) build up on the surface of the skin. The cells have bonds that are hard to break, and the oil is sticky and clogs pores. If they don’t release from the surface, your skin can not breath. What does all of this mean for your face? You’ll most likely have an uneven texture that looks dull and lusterless. Dead cells that lock in oil leads to combination skin that can be oily and dry and flaky. All of this can also lead to acne.
Avoid this when exfoliating
- Harsh cleansers, acids and chemicals – Peel many layers of skin leaving skin raw, irritated
- Plastic (Polyethylene) micro beads – These are bad for you and the environment
- Walnut or other shells – (cause micro abrasions and damage your skin)
- Salt – Even though it dissolves it is rough and jagged and scratch your skin
Your exfoliant should be manual exfoliating rather than chemicals. Chemicals strip down and don’t stop at the dead skin; they damage the new cells below it. Manual exfoliating should be gentle dissolving beads that you can apply to your face with fingertips or cleansing brush. They should also hydrate your skin and help to hold in hydration.
This is what makes the difference
- Smooth Round Ester Beads – Slowly dissolve for easy abrasion and hydration
- Natural Fruit Enzymes – Easy on the skin, powerful on oil, dead cell bonds
- Honeysuckle Extract – Natual Antibacterial
- Natural Botanicals – Balance the nature of your skin
- Restorative Antioxidants – Oil protected vitamin C for max benefit
- Naturally Derived Hydroxyl Acid Such as Caprylic Acid – Yes there are natural hydroxy acid
Benefits of a Good Exfoliate
- Decrease pore size
- Even your skin tone
- Reduce the appearance of redness and dark spots
- Restoring a radiant and youthful look by uncovering the new cells
The BIG PLUS
Exfoliating 2 to 3 x per week opens the way for moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into the skin, which makes them more effective. In short, breaking the bonds of dead cells and removing this hard to penetrate layer will allow you to get the most out of your Anti-Aging Serums, Protective Daytime Treatment and Nourishing Overnight Treatment.
Try our Deep Purifying Facial Scrub! It’s all natural and made to gently clean and exfoliate using only natural ingredients. Click here to check it out.